When it comes to your financial situation, you cannot turn a blind eye to it. Trying to avoid overdue bills or a depleted checking account never solved anything. Your money desperately needs your attention. When you take control of your money (and you can!) you will finally stop worrying about money (sweet relief!)
1. Try Budgeting
Why do we worry about money? Because we are worried about overspending. A budget helps you keep your income over your expenses every month. A budget helps you grow your wealth. If you knew your money was set up to grow, would your worry about money? I didn’t think so. Eliminate worry by taking care of your financial future today with a budget.
Tap into BudgetingCouple’s Free Resources to Help Budget
Become mindful of your money. Lay out a plan to spend your cash. Take into account the income you receive and all of your bills and expenses that must be paid. When you decide to create a budget, you reclaim control over your money, and this will give you peace because you can see where every dollar will go.
“Help me stop being poor!”
Here are the facts. The *only* way to save money is to spend less than you earn. There’s no way around it.
So what does this mean for you? It means you need to either decrease your expenses or increase your income.
We want to help you do both. Join our 6-day Savings-Account Accelerator Workshop. We’ll send you expense-lowering tools and techniques (and even a few tips on how to boost your income). These frugal-living hacks will help you accomplish the cardinal rule of personal finance: keep your income over your expenses.
When you can spend less than you earn, your money will grow. You will build your savings, pay down debt, and save for retirement.
Join our free 6-day Savings-Account Accelerator Workshop, and start growing your wealth today.
2. Build Your Savings
Many of us spend money to cope with stress. It’s true, guilty purchases numb stress. But spending money does not make the stress go away. Money in the bank is peace. Prepare for future emergencies by saving money today.
Here’s 5 Ways to Save a Little Extra Money Now
- Ibotta: We’ve all been to the grocery store and seen prices increase. Fight higher prices by installing Ibotta, the grocery app that pays you cash when you shop for groceries. Be sure to claim your $20 Ibotta Welcome Bonus, too!
- Trim: If you’ve gone over your budget and can’t find anything to cut, then you might want to check out Trim. This service cancels unwanted or forgotten subscriptions, and their experts can negotiate lower phone, internet and TV bills. They save users nearly $1,500 a year, and you don’t pay unless they can save you money. Try Trim today.
- Gabi: Rates vary wildly for home and auto insurance. Don’t waste time visiting dozens of websites or making call after call to see who offers the lowest rates. Instead, let Gabi compare rates for you. Gabi is a free service that will take the hassle out of finding the best insurance rates. Sign up for Gabi today.
- Electricity Rates: No longer does a single company have control over where we buy our electricity. There’s finally an easy way to see if you can save on energy costs. Visit ElectricityRates.com and compare providers and prices to make sure you receive the best price.
- Earn cash back with a credit card: Want to make free money for doing what you always do? You know, shopping, filling up the tank with gas, and paying bills online. Then you need a cash-back credit card. Every time you use one of these cards, you earn cash, but the key is to pay off the balance monthly. Credit Land conducts thorough research to bring you the best cash back cards around. Read the Credit Land reviews to find the best cash-back card for you.
3. Doing Something Productive
Once you have your budget in place, you have no reason to waste your energy worrying about money. You are in control. So give your mind something else to think about. Do something productive that will engage your mind and your body. Try these ideas:
- Sweatcoin: Your doctor has probably told you all the benefits of walking (like improving cardio, helping relieve joint pain, and losing weight), but let me add just one more: An ability to buy valuable stuff. Download the free Sweatcoin app, start walking, and start earning Sweatcoins, a digital currency that can buy stuff in the marketplace.
- Library: Read a book. Listen to an audio book. Watch a movie. Your local library is often an untapped resource that can help educate and entertain you at no additional cost to you. You might be surprised to see what digital offerings your library offers.
- Family game night: You can only watch so many movies and series on Netflix. Engage and interact with your family by scheduling a game night. A deck of cards will provide endless hours of fun for just a couple bucks. Go to the dollar store and grab five dice for a buck, print out these Yahtzee score sheets and play Yahtzee. Or, see what board games have been gathering dust in your house. And, if you want to buy board games cheap, visit your local thrift store.
- Meal Prep with $5 meal plan: Looking to have fun, try something new, get healthy, and save money? Then start planning and prepping meals at home. The $5 Meal Plan will deliver recipes and shopping lists to your email inbox so you don’t have to worry about what to cook. Sign up for a free trial of the $5 Meal Plan. Bonus Tip: Be sure to have Ibotta downloaded and ready to go when you shop for the ingredients you need for your $5 Meal Plan.
- HealthyWage: Wondering if this is the year you can lose weight? HealthyWage is betting you can. HealthyWage will pay you when you reach your weight-loss goal. A medical study showed people who bet were five times more likely to reach their goal. Head over the HealthyWage to start losing weight and making money.
4. Start a Side Hustle
If you worked on your budget and just can’t make the numbers work, don’t stress out — look for a way to make some extra cash. Side hustles are a great way to supplement your income. And, there’s good news for you: The gig economy is expanding! Not sure what to do? We’ll get you started with these ideas:
- Instacart: More people are embracing grocery delivery, and Instacart is the industry leader. You have two side hustle opportunities with Instacart: An in-store shopper (you prepare orders for a delivery driver) or a full-service shopper (you shop for the groceries and deliver them to the door). Sign up to be an Instacart shopper and earn some extra dough.
- VIPKid: If you have a passion for teaching, you can make money from your home teaching children in China how to speak English via video with VIPKid. You will need a bachelor’s degree, and teaching experience helps, but is not necessary. Average up to $22 an hour when you teach for VIPKid.
- DoorDash: Here’s another way you bring in money by delivering food. The nice thing when you become a Dasher for DoorDash is you can make money in anytown where the company operates. People are reporting averaging $15 to $25 an hour. Sign up for DoorDash and earn.
- Zip Recruiter: If you want to find a side hustle, then don’t ignore the reach of Zip Recruiter. With Zip Recruiter, you can search 100s of job boards to find the perfect part-time gig. If you want to work at home, be sure to include “remote” in your search. Try Zip Recruiter today.
5. Invest Your Spare Change with Acorns
When you live by a budget, spend less than you earn, and can save money for a rainy day, then you will worry less. And, you’ll also have money to invest. People mistakenly believe they don’t make enough money to invest. If you believe this, then you’ll be happy to learn you can start investing for pennies.
Let Acorns App Drive Your Worry-Free Investing
Acorns is an app that gathers your extra change from your daily purchases. The app rounds your purchase up to the next dollar, and it uses the money to purchase stocks for you. Automate your investment and stop worrying if you have enough money to start. You do. So, sign up for Acorns and score a $10 bonus.
Make More Money! Read these now …
- Laid off? 11 Ways to Make Money From Home
- Start Making Money Now with These 21 Ways
- Make Money From Home with These 7 Side Hustles (We are partial to No. 3)
Need Help Saving Money? Check these out…
- 7 Bad Habits That Are Keeping You Poor (without you realizing it)
- 5 Things Frugal People Never Buy
- 12+ Tips to Drastically Lower Household Expenses
Want to save these tips for later? Click here to pin this post!
Be sure to follow us on Pinterest for more money-saving life hacks!
No Money in the Bank?
If you struggle to save money, it’s because you don’t know how to do it. Start growing your wealth every month with our 6-Day Free Workshop.